Many people know that it is dangerous to drink alcohol with prescription medication, or to take more than the recommended dosage. But there are other factors that can cause serious illness or even death—things your busy pharmacist might never have told you.
For example, did you know that…
- When patients write down a list of prescriptions they’re taking, they often forget over-the counter (OTC) medications such as antacids, pain relievers, herbal supplements and vitamins?
- Patients who keep medications in the car are more at risk for side effects because temperature changes can affect a drug?
- Vacationing patients often pack medications in their stored luggage, leading to theft? This means they will have to refill their prescription at an unfamiliar pharmacy when they land.
- Patients, although they are not doctors, often hand out their own medications to others?
- In order to save money, a large number of the population will take expired medication?
Whether these causes are intended to be helpful, economical, or just an honest mistake, they can still result in death or suffering for someone you love. For more information on medication mistakes, order our FREE book, “How to Make Pharmacies Pay for Injuries Caused by Medication Errors.”
If you need to discuss your case with a board-certified Texas pharmacy error lawyer, call Kennedy Hodges today at 888-526-7616 for a free consultation.