Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-526-7616
Phone: 713-523-0001

Types of Errors

Dangerous and Defective Drugs If you put your trust in a pharmaceutical company and were hurt by their product, you deserve compensation for your suffering.
Wrong Medication Did you receive the wrong medication or incorrect prescription from a pharmacy? If you have suffered because of a medication error please call us for a free case review.
Wrong Dosage Common forms of medication error: incorrect dosage error. Order our free book to learn how to protect yourself and your family from wrong dosage errors.
Other Errors Order our free book, "How to Make Pharmacies Pay for your Injuries Caused by Medication Errors, to learn your rights in prescription error cases.
Kids Rx Errors Order a free copy of The Top 10 Tips to Protect Your Children Against Pharmacy Errors. If you have suffered a prescription error contact our firm today.
Pharmacy Malpractice If you have suffered an injury because a pharmacy dispensed the wrong medication or made an error with your prescription, you are able to file a claim for negligence or malpractice and receive the compensation you deserve.
Walgreens Pharmacy Error Claims There have been numerous claims brought against Walgreens for pharmacy errors or prescription errors. Order our free book to learn how to take action.
CVS Pharmacy Error Claims If you've been injured because of a CVS Pharmacy prescription error, call us for help with your lawsuit at 888-526-7616.
State Pharmacy Boards If you have been severely injured because of a medication error, contact board-certified attorneys immediately to investigate your case free of charge.
Drug & Pharmacy Error Prevention Filing a pharmacy error lawsuit is the only way to make pharmacies take accountability for mistakes. Call our board certified attorneys for a free case review.
State Pharmacy Laws State laws on pharmacy malpractice. Learn the pharmacy error Statute of Limitation laws that apply to your state. Call 877-342-2020 for a free consultation.

Child Receives Ear Drops Instead of Eye Drops Due to Pharmacy Error

David W. Hodges
Connect with me
Partner at Kennedy Hodges LLP practicing pharmacy error, medical malpractice and personal injury law
Comments (0)

It’s a fact of life that pharmacists make mistakes, as they are all human. Sadly, no one is completely safe from medication mistakes. This is especially true for children, as they are more vulnerable to medication errors because of their small size. When children are victims of receiving the wrong liquid medication, pills, and even drops, they can suffer horrible consequences as a result of someone’s careless actions.

When children have a medical problem or health concern, parents take their children to doctors for a proper diagnosis and prescription. However, mistakes can occur along the way. The wrong prescription can be passed along to the pharmacy, or a pharmacist could fill the wrong medication—causing innocent children pain and suffering.

This is exactly what happened to an eight-month-old infant in the UK who received ear drops by a pharmacist instead of eye drops. According to reports, baby Cherish had conjunctivitis and was given drops by a pharmacist. The infant’s mother, Chantelle Ali, claims she administered the drops four or five times before she realized the pharmacist gave her ear drops instead of eye drops.

Chantelle realized something was wrong when baby Cherish had a mild reaction to the drops, as “her eyes were a bit red afterwards and she was trying to rub them,” said Chantelle, who is concerned her baby “could have been blinded” due to this pharmacy error.

If your child suffered due to a negligent pharmacist, you may need the help of a pharmacy error attorney who has had success handling children medication error cases. To find out about your child’s rights, call Kennedy Hodges for a free consultation today at 888-526-7616.

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.