The results showed that while errors can occur at any point - ordering, transcription, dispensing, and administering - the majority of errors take place during ordering and administration of medications.
The most common types of errors that caused ADEs include:
- Dosage errors (58% of cases)
- Allergic reaction (13% of cases)
- Wrong drug or patient (6% of cases)
- Route error (3% of cases)
- Missed dose (7% of cases)
- Wrong technique (6% of cases)
- Illegible order (6% of cases)
- Duplicate therapy (5% of cases)
- Drug interaction (3-5 percent of cases)
- Equipment failure, poor monitoring, or preparation error (1 percent of cases)
Order our free book to learn how to protect your family against pharmacy errors.
If you want to learn how to take action against prescription errors you can order our free book, How to Make Pharmacies Pay For Your Injuries Caused by Medication Errors.
If someone you love has suffered as a result of a medication error, contact the board-certified Texas pharmacy error lawyers at Kennedy Hodges today at 888-526-7616 for a free case review.