Both Galvin B. Kennedy and David W. Hodges are Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. This process requires attorneys to recertify every five years.
The requirements to achieve Board Certification by the state of Texas include:
- Being licensed to practice law for at least five years
- Devoting a specific percent of their law practice to personal injury law for at least three years
- Attending continuing education seminars that keep them updated in their legal training
- Being evaluated by fellow lawyers and judges
- Passing a 6-hour written examination
- Applying for recertification every five years