Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-526-7616
Phone: 713-523-0001

Types of Errors

Dangerous and Defective Drugs If you put your trust in a pharmaceutical company and were hurt by their product, you deserve compensation for your suffering.
Wrong Medication Did you receive the wrong medication or incorrect prescription from a pharmacy? If you have suffered because of a medication error please call us for a free case review.
Wrong Dosage Common forms of medication error: incorrect dosage error. Order our free book to learn how to protect yourself and your family from wrong dosage errors.
Other Errors Order our free book, "How to Make Pharmacies Pay for your Injuries Caused by Medication Errors, to learn your rights in prescription error cases.
Kids Rx Errors Order a free copy of The Top 10 Tips to Protect Your Children Against Pharmacy Errors. If you have suffered a prescription error contact our firm today.
Pharmacy Malpractice If you have suffered an injury because a pharmacy dispensed the wrong medication or made an error with your prescription, you are able to file a claim for negligence or malpractice and receive the compensation you deserve.
Walgreens Pharmacy Error Claims There have been numerous claims brought against Walgreens for pharmacy errors or prescription errors. Order our free book to learn how to take action.
CVS Pharmacy Error Claims If you've been injured because of a CVS Pharmacy prescription error, call us for help with your lawsuit at 888-526-7616.
State Pharmacy Boards If you have been severely injured because of a medication error, contact board-certified attorneys immediately to investigate your case free of charge.
Drug & Pharmacy Error Prevention Filing a pharmacy error lawsuit is the only way to make pharmacies take accountability for mistakes. Call our board certified attorneys for a free case review.
State Pharmacy Laws State laws on pharmacy malpractice. Learn the pharmacy error Statute of Limitation laws that apply to your state. Call 877-342-2020 for a free consultation.

I received the wrong dosage of drugs at CVS and reported it to the pharmacy. I didn’t like how I was treated. Do I still have a claim even though I wasn’t harmed?


It is a sad reality, but the truth is that approximately 51 million pharmacy mistakes occur every year in this nation. Sometimes people are seriously injured, while others catch the mistakes made by pharmacists before anything negative happens. It sounds like you possibly caught the dosage mistake before taking the pill. If this is correct, you don’t have a claim for damages; however, you should still take the following steps:

  • Make notes regarding the date, time, and specific pharmacy the error took place at.
  • Take down the name of the pharmacist who made the mistake.
  • Report the pharmacy error to the CVS pharmacy manager.
  • Report the medication mistake to the State Board of Pharmacy in writing.

If you took the medication and you aren’t sure if you have been harmed, you should take the above steps as well as these steps:

  • Seek medical care as soon as possible.
  • Keep the pill bottle for proof.
  • Speak with a pharmaceutical malpractice attorney.

While you might not have a claim for your medical bills and damages if you weren’t physically harmed—it is still important to notify the State Board of Pharmacy of the dispensing error. If you live in Texas, the Texas State Board of Pharmacy can be reached at 800-821-3205 (option 5); however, your complaint needs to be made in writing. You can download a complaint form online or request one by calling the number listed above. If you live in another state, you can look up your Board of Pharmacy contact information and send them a written complaint about the incident.

To learn more about reporting an error to the Board of Pharmacy, we encourage you to browse our website to read other articles and frequently asked questions and answers, or to contact us directly.


Galvin B. Kennedy
Partner at Kennedy Hodges LLP practicing personal injury, pharmacy error, and overtime law