For women suffering from pelvic floor issues, transvaginal mesh was in many cases presented as a safe and effective method for treating their condition. Unfortunately, it is now known that the use of transvaginal mesh is associated with risks of potentially serious side effects and complications. Many victims are pursuing claims against the manufacturers of transvaginal mesh as a result.
8 Claims Made Against Manufacturers of Transvaginal Mesh
What are some of the legal claims that are being pursued against the manufacturers of transvaginal mesh? The following is an overview:
- Manufacturers had a legal obligation to ensure the safeness of their products.
- Manufacturers actively and intentionally mislead the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as well as the medical community, patients, and the public, with regard to the safety and effectiveness of transvaginal mesh.
- Manufacturers failed to conduct the proper tests to assess the risks associated with the use of transvaginal mesh.
- Manufacturers failed to properly research the potential risks of the use of transvaginal mesh designed to treat female pelvic floor disorders.
- Manufacturers failed to establish a safe way for removing transvaginal mesh.
- Manufacturers did not provide adequate warnings of the potential complications and injuries that may result from the use of transvaginal mesh.
- Manufacturers committed fraud in their production and sale of transvaginal mesh.
- Manufacturers intentionally concealed the risk of permanent and debilitating injuries associated with transvaginal mesh.
Pursuing a legal claim against a drug manufacturer requires victims to act quickly in order to protect their legal rights. When you are ready to learn more, we encourage you to reach out at our toll free number, 888-526-7616.