Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-526-7616
Phone: 713-523-0001

Types of Errors

Dangerous and Defective Drugs If you put your trust in a pharmaceutical company and were hurt by their product, you deserve compensation for your suffering.
Wrong Medication Did you receive the wrong medication or incorrect prescription from a pharmacy? If you have suffered because of a medication error please call us for a free case review.
Wrong Dosage Common forms of medication error: incorrect dosage error. Order our free book to learn how to protect yourself and your family from wrong dosage errors.
Other Errors Order our free book, "How to Make Pharmacies Pay for your Injuries Caused by Medication Errors, to learn your rights in prescription error cases.
Kids Rx Errors Order a free copy of The Top 10 Tips to Protect Your Children Against Pharmacy Errors. If you have suffered a prescription error contact our firm today.
Pharmacy Malpractice If you have suffered an injury because a pharmacy dispensed the wrong medication or made an error with your prescription, you are able to file a claim for negligence or malpractice and receive the compensation you deserve.
Walgreens Pharmacy Error Claims There have been numerous claims brought against Walgreens for pharmacy errors or prescription errors. Order our free book to learn how to take action.
CVS Pharmacy Error Claims If you've been injured because of a CVS Pharmacy prescription error, call us for help with your lawsuit at 888-526-7616.
State Pharmacy Boards If you have been severely injured because of a medication error, contact board-certified attorneys immediately to investigate your case free of charge.
Drug & Pharmacy Error Prevention Filing a pharmacy error lawsuit is the only way to make pharmacies take accountability for mistakes. Call our board certified attorneys for a free case review.
State Pharmacy Laws State laws on pharmacy malpractice. Learn the pharmacy error Statute of Limitation laws that apply to your state. Call 877-342-2020 for a free consultation.

What should I do if I just realized that my child has been taking too high of a dosage of medication since receiving her prescription?

While we understand that this is a shocking discovery for you to make, it is great that you caught the pharmacy error and can seek help. While you are probably panicking that you gave your daughter an incorrect dose of medication, take a deep breath and read the following recommendations.

First, you may want to call your local Poison Control Center and tell them the name of the medication that your daughter has been taking, the dosage, how long she has been taking the wrong dosage, and your daughter’s age and weight. Poison Control will inform you if your child is in danger, if you should make your daughter vomit, or if you should take your child to the ER.

When in doubt, always seek a medical evaluation. While it may take time to sit in the emergency room and money to undergo tests, it is critical to do so, so that you will learn if your daughter will suffer from dangerous side effects of a toxic dose—an overdose. Depending on what the doctor indicates, you might want to file a lawsuit against the pharmacy if your daughter has suffered harmful side effects as a result of an incorrect dosage.

Even if your daughter hasn’t suffered life-threatening injuries, you may still want to file a claim against the negligent pharmacy for your medical bills and emotional trauma the incident caused. Make sure you report your concern to the pharmacy manager; however, do not sign any forms or give them back the wrong medication. Keep it for proof in case you want to pursue a claim.

Because most lawyers give free consultations, it is wise to call a pharmacy error lawyer to find out more about your rights and what you should do. For more information, please order a free copy of our report, How to Make Pharmacies Pay for Injuries Caused by Medication Errors.

David W. Hodges
Partner at Kennedy Hodges LLP practicing pharmacy error, medical malpractice and personal injury law