Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-526-7616
Phone: 713-523-0001

Types of Errors

Dangerous and Defective Drugs If you put your trust in a pharmaceutical company and were hurt by their product, you deserve compensation for your suffering.
Wrong Medication Did you receive the wrong medication or incorrect prescription from a pharmacy? If you have suffered because of a medication error please call us for a free case review.
Wrong Dosage Common forms of medication error: incorrect dosage error. Order our free book to learn how to protect yourself and your family from wrong dosage errors.
Other Errors Order our free book, "How to Make Pharmacies Pay for your Injuries Caused by Medication Errors, to learn your rights in prescription error cases.
Kids Rx Errors Order a free copy of The Top 10 Tips to Protect Your Children Against Pharmacy Errors. If you have suffered a prescription error contact our firm today.
Pharmacy Malpractice If you have suffered an injury because a pharmacy dispensed the wrong medication or made an error with your prescription, you are able to file a claim for negligence or malpractice and receive the compensation you deserve.
Walgreens Pharmacy Error Claims There have been numerous claims brought against Walgreens for pharmacy errors or prescription errors. Order our free book to learn how to take action.
CVS Pharmacy Error Claims If you've been injured because of a CVS Pharmacy prescription error, call us for help with your lawsuit at 888-526-7616.
State Pharmacy Boards If you have been severely injured because of a medication error, contact board-certified attorneys immediately to investigate your case free of charge.
Drug & Pharmacy Error Prevention Filing a pharmacy error lawsuit is the only way to make pharmacies take accountability for mistakes. Call our board certified attorneys for a free case review.
State Pharmacy Laws State laws on pharmacy malpractice. Learn the pharmacy error Statute of Limitation laws that apply to your state. Call 877-342-2020 for a free consultation.

Pharmacy Errors Occur Frequently in Child Drug "Mix-Ups"

David W. Hodges
Connect with me
Partner at Kennedy Hodges LLP practicing pharmacy error, medical malpractice and personal injury law
Comments (0)

What Can I Do If My Child Was Harmed By A Drug “Mix-Up?”

“Drug mix-ups” involving children happen frequently. Earlier this spring, children in as many as 50 families in New Jersey were given breast cancer treatment medication instead of fluoride pills. Dennis Quaid’s newborn twins were almost killed while in the hospital because they were given a dose of a blood thinner more than 1,000 times greater than the prescribed value should have been. Many more drug mix-ups involving children go unreported each year.

There are many different ways drug mix-ups involving children can occur. A doctor can mistakenly write down the wrong drug or the wrong dosage. The pharmacy can accidentally give out the wrong drug or the wrong dosage. The drug could have been packaged or labeled incorrectly by the pharmaceutical manufacturer. Unfortunately, children are more susceptible to being harmed than adults by a drug mix-up.

If your child was harmed by a drug mix-up, it’s critical to take action as quickly as possible. If you suspect a possible medication error, seek medical treatment for your child, and let your child’s doctor and pharmacist know of the error. Keep all packaging and remaining dosages of medicine, but don’t continue administering them to your child unless told to do so by a medical professional.

If your child was injured or even killed by a medication error, you may want to seek compensation for your child’s pain and suffering and medical expenses. Pharmaceutical companies and nationwide pharmaceutical chains make billions in profits each year, and it’s important that they are held responsible for any errors they make. If your child has been injured by a prescription drug error, call the pharmaceutical error attorneys at Kennedy Hodges at 800-391-9935. We will help your child get the compensation to which he or she is entitled. 

Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.